While no two projects are exactly the same, we will typically work with the timeline that we outline below. However, there are variables like permit submitting, construction documents, and our clients’ personal timelines that may lead to different project timelines.
1. Initial meeting: We will start by discussing your remodeling needs, budget, and any questions you have.
2. Proposal creation: After the initial meeting, we will draft a proposal that includes the project details and fee structure for you to review.
3. Proposal acceptance: After both parties sign off on the proposal, we will require a deposit to start the actual remodeling work. At this point, if a survey is necessary, we will plan a date and time, add the dimensions to the plan, and submit it to you for your approval. If changes are requested, we will revise and resubmit the plans until you are satisfied.
4. Design meeting: Typically, we will schedule a design meeting either in our office or at your home to go over any design elements that you may want to add or remove from the design.
5. Remodeling Work: Once we receive final approval on the designs, we will start work on any construction documents that are required. When every deliverable is finished, your final balance will be due. Please keep in mind that any open balance must be paid for release of plans to you or your builder.
Throughout this entire process, we will partner with you to keep you updated on what we are working on. We aim to be as transparent as possible in our design process, and are happy to answer any questions that you have.
To learn more click Fluent Design Group